A collection of ready-made, downloadable maps related to Harrisburg’s history and population. Some of these are historical maps in the public domain, others generated by the Digital Harrisburg Project. This is a developing collection which will be updated 2020-2021.
Maps in the public domain for free download.
- 1884 Harrisburg Sanborn Insurance Company Map (.tiff)
- 1901 Harrisburg Title Company Atlas (.tiff)
- 1900 Boyd Map (.tiff)
- 1939 Home Owners’ Loan Corporation Map (.jpeg) and Report (.pdf) = Redlining
Maps generated by Digital Harrisburg related to the spatial distribution of its population in 1900-1930.
- Greek Population in 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 (.jpeg)
- African American Population in 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 (.jpeg)
- Russian-Born Population in 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 (.jpeg)
Old Eighth Ward
Map generated by Digital Harrisburg related to Harrisburg’s Old Eighth Ward.
- Migration of the Families of the Old Eighth Ward (.jpeg)
Maps of the Spread of Influenza in Harrisburg.
- The frequency of death according to ward (.jpeg)