A collection of ready-made, downloadable maps related to Harrisburg’s history and population. Some of these are historical maps in the public domain, others generated by the Digital Harrisburg Project.
Maps in the public domain for free download.
- 1884 Harrisburg Sanborn Insurance Company Map (.tiff)
- 1901 Harrisburg Title Company Atlas (.tiff)
- 1900 Boyd Map (.tiff)
- 1939 Home Owners’ Loan Corporation Map (.jpeg) and Report (.pdf) = Redlining
Maps generated by Digital Harrisburg related to the spatial distribution of its population in 1900-1930. Coming April 2020.
- Greek Population in 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 (.jpeg)
- African American Population in 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 (.jpeg)
- Russian-Born Population in 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 (.jpeg)
Old Eighth Ward
Map generated by Digital Harrisburg related to Harrisburg’s Old Eighth Ward. Coming April 2020.
- Migration of the Families of the Old Eighth Ward (.jpeg)
Maps of the Spread of Influenza in Harrisburg. Coming April 2020.
- The frequency of death according to ward (.jpeg)